Thursday, August 9, 2012

18 months and stitches

John Thomas almost made it to a year and a half without any scars.
A couple days before he turned 18months old we had a bad fall outside and ended up at the emergency room. It had been one of "those days" all day long! I remember telling Tommy earlier that day I was just trying to keep my head above water, if I could just make it to his bedtime I would be ok.
We were outside playing and I told JT it was time to go upstairs and take a bath and read bedtime stories. In response he picks up his little chair and starts pushing it in the opposite direction, it catches on a rift in the concrete and sweet JT goes over the chair, face first. My husband is on an airplane so I can't even get up with him. Of course I call my mother, not knowing what to do. I had to send her pictures because all she could hear was JT screaming over the phone. We are very fortunate to have a Children's Hospital within 10 miles of us. (I didn't remember this until after driving to the main hospital, getting up with our pediatric nurse turning around going to Children's 45min later) JT was sleeping in the car the whole time, I would rather have heard him screaming, I was so scared that he shouldn't be sleeping. We got to the Children's Hospital, he wrapped his little body around me for about 5 minutes then realized there were all kinds of new toys he had never played with before and he was off, blood covered face and all :) I think he only fell 5 more times before we saw the Dr. Getting stitched up was the worse!!! I was by myself and listening to my baby yell DOWN and STOP, heartbreaking!!!
He survived.
I spent Monday beating myself up and having the awful mom guilt. Tuesday was better until he was running with his sippy cup, fell, big bump on opposite side of the forehead and bloody nose. Husband out of town. Stitches are out now, still have tape because the wound did not heal completely. He is a tough little guy.

Patiently waiting on the Dr


JT's new look

18month check up - 25.6lbs (48%) and 33inches (64%) good healthy boy!


1 comment:

  1. Sweet, healthy boy. Major bummer about the stitches. I would have been a mess!

    ReplyDelete