Saturday, April 14, 2012

Easter

We had a wonderful Easter! I have always loved Easter. Growing up it was one of my favorite holidays. I LOVE sunrise service! We would wake up super early to see what the Easter bunny brought us which included the amazing Easter candy, Peeps, and all things chocolate. I wish the Easter Bunny still brought me an Easter basket that I could eat all the candy without any guilt! :) Then we would go to sunrise service, which was always outside facing three crosses and the sun rose behind them while we sang He Lives, The Old Rugged Cross, etc. What an amzing way to start the day. Church was followed by a church pancake breakfast and easter egg hunt. We would then go to my grandparents and me and my cousins would spend the day having our parents hide and re-hide eggs for hours. I can only imagine how much fun this was for them ;)
Since moving away from Alabama I have missed my family and the traditions so much on Easter! Now that we are in Ohio we are fortunate enough to have our best friends and Goddaughter two hours away. We got to spend Easter with them and enjoyed every bit of the day!

A few pictures from our Easter with our wonderful friends

Me, JT, Jenna and Saylor

Uncle Matthew and JT

Me and my husband

Jenna watching Saylor and JT

Tommy and Saylor

With my son and Goddaughter :)


So thankful for Matthew, Jenna and Saylor and all the wonderful memories we have made and will continue to make. So thankful to have "family" to spend one of the most important days we as Christians celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment